Monday, September 24, 2007

Love and Peace




I just went downstairs to get my username and password to sign into my blogspot. In the darkness of my kitchen, the one with the 1930's breakfast nook and small table that my father made for me when I was 3, with friendly light from the street lamp illuminating the walls, I came upon my devoted, humble, sweetheart of a servant, rumbling and whooshing, my beloved dishwasher. This hunk of white metal, with hidden hoses and plastic coated racks, with whirling parts that I never get to witness racing around, and with the magic dispensers of dish powder and glass sparkler dancing open at just the right time, actualizes the wishes that women of the past never even dared to dream. Think about it. While I am up here with you, my friends and family, someone fantastic is doing my dishes, efficiently and sweetly. For when I open the door, there they all are, clean, smiling at me, hopeful and ready, not one broken, sparkling and sanitized; happy dishes. I love my dishwasher.




These pictures are from a secret place here in the Hudson Valley that holds onto its natural beauty the way that I hold onto my dream of everyday peace on earth.


How does peace feel? Like you can really breathe freely. Like you have plenty of time; you don't have to rush anywhere. Like you are being loved and taken care of by an entire universe that adores you. Like you can have anything you want just for wanting it and loving it. Like you are truly loved for who you are -- an evolving sweet soul, a beauty. It feels like you always wanted to feel, like you felt when they brought out the birthday cake all glowing with candles and sang happy birthday, happy it was just for you.


Let yourself get the feeling of peace now no matter where you are. For wherever you are, your opportunity is to appreciate hanging around this amazing place called Earth. Jet'aime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).